Ally from Life as I know it has nominated me for a Liebster award! She has a wonderful blog herself that you must check out. Thank you so much Ally!
1) Link back to the blog that nominated you
2) Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3) Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4) Share 11 random facts about yourself
5) Create 11 questions for your nominees
6) Contact your nominees and let them know that you nominated them
Karen from The Food Charlatan
Pamela from Brooklyn Farm Girl
Aileen from Sparkly and Sweet
Carina from Carstina
Kelly from Happy Wifey
11 Questions for the Nominees
- How did you get into blogging? I have always read and followed blogs and I actually kept one in college…mostly about politics and current events. I have written my whole life for both school and pleasure. However after graduating and moving away from home I stopped writing for the first time in my life. I realized after some time it was the missing piece in my life…I need to write, about anything, as an outlet. I truly express myself best through written words. I decided to start this blog in particular because I was constantly bombarding friends/family with recipes I had tried, clothes I discovered, makeup I loved, etc. This is a way to put all of that in one place. and it’s a lighthearted subject matter. Blogging about politics and current events made me a little crazy.
- If you had to eat one food everyday, for the rest of your life, would would that food be? This is such a hard question. I think I’d have to choose chips and salsa though.
Picture from Parthavis Cooking Mantra
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Probably with a kid or two. Yikes! And Hopefully with another dog. Maybe a goat too. Seriously.
- If you could re-do it, would you have studied something else in college? Probably not. I studied communication and intercultural studies. I loved school, and I excelled in it. Living in the area I do these degrees haven’t amounted to much. But honestly, I didn’t go to college to get rich, I went to college to broaden my horizons and become a more well rounded, knowledgeable person. I believe I was very successful in that, and I consider myself a student for life.
- Do you speak any other languages? I speak Spanglish quite well.
- Do you have any tattoos? A tiny star on my wrist I got when I was 18…so when there are no stars in the sky I have something to wish on. I also have a sun on my foot I got when I was 16…purely to be rebellious! I love it for that reason alone. I will get a third tattoo one day when the time is right.
That nail polish color is flip flop fantasy by china glaze
- What quality do you find most attractive in others? Honesty/Integrity. We all tell silly little white lies here and there, no big deal. But I hate an exaggerator, and I hate compulsive lying. I can’t stand people who say one thing then do the exact opposite. Practice what you preach. Do as you say you will. Treat others how you wish to be treated…to their face and behind their back.
- Would you ever consider plastic surgery? For sure, if it would make me happier with myself absolutely. It’s a personal decision, one that nobody has a right to judge. I’d just be scared I wouldn’t be happy with the results…then you’re slightly screwed.
- Do you love or loathe exercise? I love it because I love feeling strong and healthy.
- If you could furnish your entire house, for free, from one catalog/store/website, which would it be? Restoration Hardware.
- What is one skill or hobby you’ve always wanted to learn? I want to learn how to make my own wine and champagne. And then I’m going to start my own vineyard and become the next Madame Cliquot, just you wait!
11 Random Facts About Me
- When I was a little girl I had a lazy eye. I wore big pink glasses and an eye patch for awhile and finally had to have surgery to correct it.
- I’m an introvert at heart. No that does not mean you are shy, it means you draw your energy from alone time, whereas extroverts draw their energy from social interaction. I’m easily drained from socializing (although I do enjoy it!), and need lots of down time by myself to recharge. Read more here, it tends to be a misunderstood personality trait as extroverts greatly outnumber introverts.
- If I could live anywhere I’d choose Northern California. In wine country, on my own vineyard.
- I’m very particular about my toilet paper. Charmin ultra soft is all I will buy, and I’ve seriously contemplated traveling with a roll. I once had Zack pick toilet paper up and he bought a different brand. It was a miserable few weeks trying to get through that stuff.
- My favorite colors are red and blue. My least favorite color is pink.
- I am 5’7 and 3/4″ tall.
- I’m a pescatarian 90% of the time, however I do cook meat for my husband and family (hence the recipes I post using meat). I used to be a lot stricter, but being married to a carnivore I do cheat on occasion…mostly with bacon. Bacon is my gateway drug.
- I’ve had my heart broken twice. By an evil ex boyfriend and by my parents divorce. The first one I got over, the second I’m pretty sure I never will.
- I have two big brothers. My two cousins I grew up with (Matt and Danielle) are pretty much siblings to me as well though.
- Horses are my passion. I rode for many years and hope to one day own horses and have children that ride as well.
- I am absolutely terrified of spiders.
Questions For The Nominees
- If you could live in any decade other than the one you live in now which would you choose?
- Do you have ambitions for your blog? If so, what are they?
- If you could choose any job in the world, what would it be?
- What is at the top of your bucket list?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- If you had to relate yourself to an animal, what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Do you have a guilty pleasure?
- What is your dream car?
- If you could go on a shopping spree anywhere, where would it be?