1. St Ives Apricot Scrub: Exfoliating is important for your skin year-round, but especially in the summer. If you don’t remove the dead skin cells sitting on top of your face you’ll look dull and dried out, which isn’t exactly conducive to a pretty summer glow. I use this St. Ives apricot scrub once a week, it’s gentle, effective, and inexpensive. I swear by it.
2. Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer: This stuff has lasted me forever. I only use it in the summer, and a teeny tiny pump mixed in with your favorite foundation or tinted moisturizer gives you a subtle all-over glow. Plus, it’s good for your skin: “Argan oil is produced from the argan tree in the semideserts of Morocco. This oil is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which have antiaging properties. This organic ingredient is known to help and prevent dehydration, inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and sebum production…”
3. Hoola Benefit Bronzer: For $28 you don’t seem to get much, but a little bit goes a LONG way. The trick is to apply this bronzer extremely lightly. I’ve found that I prefer matte bronzers, I just think they give a more natural look, and you can get plenty of shimmer from blushes and illuminizers. Apply this LIGHTLY to the areas of your face that are naturally sun-kissed. It also doubles as an amazing contouring bronzer to give your features definition.
4. NARS Blush in Orgasm: This stuff is famous, and for good reason. NARS blushes are excellent, and this one is extremely popular because it’s a color that works on such a wide range of skin tones. It also has a beautiful shimmer to it. Depending on the time of day, you can apply it lightly or heavier, swiping it on just the apples of the cheeks or all over.
5. Caudalie Divine Oil: My Aunt Sherri gave this to me the night before my wedding so I’d have a beautiful glow the next day. I instantly fell in love. I love, love, love oils, and if I’m ever going to indulge in one, this would be it. It has a beautiful scent and it isn’t greasy due to it being a dry oil. After receiving it as a gift I used it all over my whole body, but due to the cost I now use it more sparingly. Year round I’ll spray it on my face and on the ends of my hair, and I really think it’s helped even out my skin tone. In the summer I apply it to my tanned legs, and sometimes even my arms to give my limbs a beautiful glow. It doesn’t hurt that it makes you smell like a dream as well. I recently saw that Caudalie came out with a tinted oil specifically for legs that I have yet to try: Caudalie Divine Legs. If it’s anything like the original I’m sure I’ll be a fan.