It’s a perfect dessert to serve while entertaining. The berry mixture can be made ahead and left in the refrigerator, just scoop some onto a plate, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and dessert is served! I prefer to channel my inner 7 year old while eating this and stir up the ice cream to make it into a REAL soupy gazpacho.
Last week I shared one healthy recipe with the promise of a healthy cookie dough blizzard to come next, so here it is! My greatest weaknesses in summer are ice-cream and gelato, if it were acceptable to eat one or the other every night I have no doubt that I would. Instead, I’ve started to make banana “nice” cream as a substitute. I’m not going to lie to you and say that it tastes just like ice cream, or that it’s a total replacement…it’s just not. But if you’re like me and follow an 80/20 mentality (eat healthy 80% of the time and eat whatever you want the other 20%), then this fits the bill perfectly as a way to curb ice-cream or gelato cravings 80% of the time.
I was told by multiple people the past few days that I’m crazy for loving the cooler weather we’ve had recently. I’m just SO sick of summer, and the extended forecast has been torturing me… as soon as it cools off the warm weather comes swooping back in , leaving me begging for fall again. As much as I complain at times about being stuck in Illinois, I could never live in a place that doesn’t experience all four seasons. I get bored of things rather quickly. This though, this I could eat everyday, any time of year, and never be bored of it.