Shopbop is my absolute favorite place to buy clothing. Due to the fact that they’re higher end and more expensive, I work up a wish list all year long and wait for the rare occurrence that they have a sale. I am SO overjoyed that today through Thursday is finally their friends and family 25% off event, just use code INTHEFAMILY25 for your discount. I thought it be fun to give a little glimpse into my mile long wish list, and what I refer to as my rather boring sense of style. For me, the wow factors normally come in the form of footwear or jewelry. For clothing, I wear a lot of black and muted colors, with an occasional pop of something bold (like the blue Equipment blouse), prints probably make up a measly 3% of my wardrobe, most of which are animal prints…in muted colors of course! Don’t be too appalled, my summer and spring wardrobe are a bit brighter than what’s displayed here. Basically when shopping, I try to invest in quality pieces that will be stylish for years. I’d rather have one very nice expensive blouse than five cheap trendy ones that will fall apart or be discarded the following season. I’ve also thrown in some staple pieces with this list which I already own that are my all time favorites.
5. Splendid Layers Long Sleeve Tee. I have these in a variety of colors and practically live in them in the fall and winter, they’re the perfect long sleeve layering piece. People ask all the time where I get them from.
7. Rag & Bone High Rise Skinny Jean. Everyone raves about rag & bone jeans for a reason. I bought these with a store credit and 25% off discount for only $91 and they are the most amazing pair of jeans I own. Shop smart and invest in a pair at some point! I like the high rise because it flatters my body type , but all of their styles are amazing. Also love rag & bone for an upscale take on basics, like this longsleeve tee, but only if they’re on sale!
11. Dolan Hi Lo Pullover. I’ve always loved a stylish but cozy sweatshirt like this one, and apparently it’s a real trend right now.
12. Stuart Weitzman 5050 Boot. Here’s my mentality: I know these are very expensive. But I know a lot of people will buy a new pair of boots every fall/winter, whereas I will not buy another pair until these fall apart. These are gorgeous and timeless, they’ve been around for 20 years, and in my mind are the perfect pair of tall boots. I own a pair. I wear them all the time, they hold up, and should last me for a very long time. They are an investment piece that will be with you for years if you take care of them. Probably one of my top five favorite pieces in my wardrobe. *I was informed by a reader these aren’t eligible for the discount! Boo! However, Saks is also having a 25% off event and they have the stuart weitzman reserve boot which is. Yay! Use code Frnfam.
13. Tibi Classic Racerback Cami. Another great layering piece or just as pretty worn alone, it’s loose and flowy fit makes it extremely flattering