My ultimate comfort food has always been peanut butter & jelly. I obviously love it as a sandwich, but any take on the dynamic duo and I’m a happy girl. That’s why I looove this peanut butter & jelly chia seed pudding. We’re probably all aware of the health benefits of chia seeds, and that soaking them over night will allow them to take on a gelatin pudding like form, which is my favorite way to eat them. Add some pb&j, and breakfast (or a healthy late night snack) has never been better.
I use my homemade almond milk that I make weekly to soak these, but any kind of milk or plant based milk will work. The recipe makes four individual servings, and can easily be double or even tripled to store in the refrigerator as a grab-and-go breakfast. I have a ton of stemless wine glasses and they’re perfect for this, but if you really are running out the door and planning on bringing these on your commute, to work, or school, then little lidded mason jars would work excellent for that. I top mine with coconut chips, but nuts or sliced bananas are some other delicious ideas as well. My standard breakfast of yogurt in the morning was getting so dull, this is a great way to mix it up!
- 1.5 Cups almond milk
- 1/3 Cup chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Jam (I like raspberry, any flavor works!)
- Stir together the almond milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a bowl. Cover, and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning when you stir it again you should have a pudding like consistency.
- Melt the peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave so it's runny. Assemble by placing one tablespoon of jam each in the bottom of individual serving dishes. Top with the chia pudding, dividing evenly between all four dishes. Then drizzle the melted peanut butter on top, about 1 tablespoon per serving.
- Top with nuts, sliced bananas, or my favorite - toasted coconut chips! Store in the refrigerator to eat as a grab-and-go breakfast throughout the week.