Summer is flying by and busy as ever. I had family from Texas visiting last week, so we were up in Chicago for a long weekend staying with my mom. Now we’re back home for a few days this week before we go back up again to see more family that’s coming in from Florida for my Aunt and Uncle’s 50th anniversary celebration. My best friend is also home from Texas, so we’ll be out downtown with some of my favorite people, reliving our early 20’s… pretty excited about that! Basically I’ve only got a full three days to actually be at home, as i’ll also be going to the John Deere Classic golf tournament for a full day this week. I have a hard time getting all the things accomplished that I want to when we always seem to be packing up and going in the summer. Which is why I’m sharing this quick and healthy recipe, with the promise of an even better one to come next week. These cookie dough balls are the perfect cure for my sweet tooth, and in the summer I turn them into a healthy cookie dough blizzard-yes, that is possible. I’ll be back to share that one next week when I actually get to be home again for a FULL week, with NO plans…crossing my fingers it stays that way! For now, here’s the recipe for some sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and guilt-free cookie dough balls…
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil (softened)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter (I use Justin's)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- Mini Dark Chocolate Chips to taste
- Mix all the all the ingredients together in a bowl. Using your hands for this, as opposed to a spoon or spatula, seems to be the best way to combine everything.
- If you find that the mixture is too dry, continue to add a tablespoon of water at a time until it reaches the desired dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough into small balls, and store in the refrigerator or freezer. I really love these frozen!
Learn how to make these into a healthy cookie dough blizzard!